Visiting India? e-Visa rules modified
The Indian government has made a series of adjustments in the e-visa regime, “liberalising it further and making it more tourist-friendly” - Ministry of Tourism said in a statement. The changes include an increase in duration of e-tourist, e –business visa and multiple entry permits.
In an effort to increase the number of foreign tourists and facilitate the process of e-visa, the government has decided to increase the validity of e-tourist and e- business visas from 60 days to one year with multiple entries.
On e-tourist visa, continuous stay during each visit shall not exceed 90 days in case of nationals eligible for grant of e-visa except US, UK, Japan and Canada.
In case of nationals of US, UK, Japan and Canada, continuous stay during each visit should not exceed 180 days. In all cases no registration will be required. On e-business visa, continuous stay during each visit should not exceed 180 days in case of nationals of all countries who are eligible for grant of e-visa and no registration will be required if the stay is for less than 180 days.
- Duration of stay in India of e-tourist and e-business visas is maximum up to one year with multiple entries.
- The government has removed the existing restriction of allowing foreigners for a maximum of three times.
Besides tourist and business e-visas, there are two more categories including medical, and conference.
- India to Allow Validity Extension of Business Visa to Up to 15 years
- India makes it easier for foreign nationals’ entry
- Indian mission warns UAE job seekers over visa status
- Announcement of new Indian e-Visa Fee of Country/Territory Wise
- Requirments for Extension of Visa
- Travel Benefits By Ship
- Extension of eTourist Visa scheme to 37 more countries
- Indian government extends eTourist visa for 36 more countries